News on J Soltys Site

More from JJs Garage (link):

Update on Some Important Changes

# 11-Feb-2008 02:09 PM -- Note to my readers:


Last week I wrote about how I was contemplating making some decisions concerning this website and some of the other work I am currently involved in concerning men's issues.

Well I've made a decision.


Within the next couple of weeks I am going to remove this website and convert to a blog format. This URL - jjgarage.com - will remain active, but it will soon direct viewers to my new blog site at http://jsoltys.wordpress.com/.


I have been looking into the services offered at Wordpress.com and have begun building my new blog page there. I chose this route because I feel it can better serve myself and my readers. I've reasoned the sacrifices I make by removing the website are minimal to what I will gain by moving in this direction.

This website requires a lot of managing. It eats up a large portion of my free time - writing code, checking code, and then uploading to the site. I can kick out an article in about an hour or two, but then it takes about an hour or more to code and post the article.


On top of this, I have offered current news stories on this site that I felt were of interest to my readers. This in itself took too many hours of my time, from searching the internet, collecting the stories, and then posting the stories. This will be missing on the blog, but I will still offer links directing my readers towards what I feel are the most pertinent stories out there for men.

The main purpose of this change was to free up some of my time so I could engage in other interest concerning men's issues. One particular area I felt I needed to address was letter writing. By the end of most days, I have exhausted most of my free time managing the website, so I've had little time to write letters to newspapers, politicians, authors, corporations, etc, raising awareness concerning men's and father's rights issues - something I feel is absolutely necessary.

Besides offering more flexibility of my time, another feature of the blog is that its topics and content will be included in many Wordpress blogging communities, which means my articles - a voice of men's issues - will reach many more people than my website could. And Wordpress is a feature common among many news organizations, which means the potential for these issues to receive exposure to mainstream news organizations is greater.

The new blog site offers me more features than my website could, which translates into better features for my readers. And since the blog site manages much easier than this website, it means I can funnel more time towards other interest. Most production features on the blog are cut and paste - no more code! This includes the ability to offer more visual aspects such as pictures and video, for which I have some ideas already in the works.

My podcast site JJ's Garage Semi-Live is not going anywhere. As you probably already know, we are going live this weekend. This is probably going to be a permanent change. Some additional equipment was purchased to do these shows, so you can count on our talk show being around for a while. However, it's worth mentioning that all our live broadcasts will be recorded, and then posted afterwards onto our podcasting site for future downloading.

Thank you to all my readers.

I didn't expect to be see such success so quickly. When I started this website at the end of last summer, it received a handful of hits a week. Now I receive several hundred a day, and on occasions, close to a thousand.


I truly appreciate all my loyal readers, and I hope you enjoy my new blog. Don't hesitate to send me a comment or an e-mail concerning your opinion about the change.

I've posted my most recent articles on my blog site, and I will be posting some past article from my archives to build up the content.

As a matter of fact his new blog is up and running you can check him out now:

J. Soltys

http://jsoltys.wordpress.com

0 comments

Translate Page Into Your Language

Image Hosted by UploadHouse.com



Image Hosted by UploadHouse.com









del.icio.us linkroll

Archive

Counter

Counter

web tracker

Widget

Site Meter

Blog Patrol Counter